Thursday, August 2, 2012

Inspire.

We all can.

I just read about Lululemon's cheer station at mile 23.5 of last weekend's San Francisco marathon. They dressed like bright yellow lemons, did cartwheels, blared music, rang cowbells, and yelled. They were the light at the end of the tunnel for those tired runners who needed a little inspiration at the most challenging part of their race. "Today, like any other day, we take part in inspiring our world to go do great things." What a great goal to set for one's self.



What can we, as a yoga community, do to inspire our fellow yogis to greatness when they most need it?

Off the top of my head:

  • Call a fellow yogi and encourage them to attend class when they need it most. Make it a yoga then sushi 1-2 combo. Yum.
  • Offer a hug to a yogi or instructor after class. Most will welcome it. Most need one.
  • Share a recent copy of Yoga Journal. or an inspiring quote.
Inspired myself, I just posted some encouragement, inviting my local yogis to join me for Sunset All-Levels Yoga Class tonight. If you're in the area, I hope to see you too!

Be inspired.

I wish you a slowexhale | jennifer b


No comments:

Post a Comment